Very Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegalRegal

Greasemonkey
Nov 30, 2020
St. Paul, Mn
I came across this and thought it was an interesting concept. I've seen a few swaps, but this is a new one. Thoughts? Screenshot_20230129_121138_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20230129_113211_Facebook.jpg

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Wonder how much they weakened the unibody structure by cutting the roof off?

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Wonder how much they weakened the unibody structure by cutting the roof off?
I don't see it ending well to be honest. Gbody roofs were weak as all get out. Late model camaros didn't have much floor bracing unless you opted for a convertible model, which, os possible, but I guess that a) they didn't, and even if they did, you've now eliminated the upper body structure in favor of the weaker gbody sheetmetal tin.

I don't understand the point behind the idea, except maybe meth or coke came into play. You'd be better off trying to swap the front and rear suspensions in, possibly via subframe graft, than what it looks like is going on here.

Hope nobody gets hit in it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I don't see it ending well to be honest. Gbody roofs were weak as all get out. Late model camaros didn't have much floor bracing unless you opted for a convertible model, which, os possible, but I guess that a) they didn't, and even if they did, you've now eliminated the upper body structure in favor of the weaker gbody sheetmetal tin.

I don't understand the point behind the idea, except maybe meth or coke came into play. You'd be better off trying to swap the front and rear suspensions in, possibly via subframe graft, than what it looks like is going on here.

Hope nobody gets hit in it.

One way that might fix this may be a rollcage attached to the unibody that fits under the Monte Carlo shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor