VFN Fiberglass

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I had their bumpers and lift off hood on my chevelle. They had a 4-6 week lead time on the parts but they fit well. My thought was they are a good race part. They fit well and are lightweight. Not sure how they would be on a street car. I did have a hardwood bolt on hood with the show finish underside that was much heavier and sturdy.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
There used to be an employee on this site. His car was one of the test cars. I like the straight scoops on their W25 dual scoop hood and it supposed have better fit and finish vs the US Body Source angled dual scoop hood. The hinged version with the air box will probably need the hood springs modified due to the much lighter weight. That hood screams Oldsmobile vs the cowl induction hood.

Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
From what i have seen posted in the past US body source seemed to be the go to for several hoods, especially for the W30 style because the VFN design looked kind of odd. Maybe im wrong

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
From what i have seen posted in the past US body source seemed to be the go to for several hoods, especially for the W30 style because the VFN design looked kind of odd. Maybe im wrong
It is the other way around for the W25 replica hood. The US Body Source hood angled the Scoops like on the original 70 hood which has much different lines than a G body. They may look better on a 80 having slightly different lines but now that I think of it, I believe their W25 hood is 81 and up. I know a few had to modify where the latch is on the US Body Source hood to close properly.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yep, no W25 hood for a 80 and you have to cut open the scoops on the US Body Source hood. http://www.usbody.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor