Video: Rural road st

Status
Not open for further replies.

86Cutlass350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2006
Springfield, MO
Video: Rural road street drag...86 Cutlass vs. 73 Ranchero

Just a video I made with some friends and posted on Streetfire.

My car is an 86 Olds Cutlass with the mods in signature, plus a recurved HEI (springs/weights) with an adjusted Vacuum advance which I did the earlier during the day of the race.

His car is a 73 Ford Ranchero with a 351 Cleveland and a 3 speed auto. Don't know much more about it, except that it's got true duals and glasspacks.

Traction is elusive in the old Cutlass, next mod is going to be a locker. And then hopefully a simultaneous cam and gear swap!

I probably put about 6 cars or so on him. He's gotta have a pretty big weight disadvantage with that Ranchero, despite the 351.

Anyways, not the coolest video out there, but there don't seem to be many street race videos on the net with G-bodys, so it's neat to put the first one on this forum and show what a G-body with little $$$ can do (even though that's not much at the present time). When the car gets some more serious mods there will be probably more races in the city (where work/school is) against imports and lesser domestics. Enjoy! :mrgreen:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1CF4 ... 153A04.htm

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
The video was good. The only thing I noticed was in the intro you refered to the Clevland 351 in the Rancharo as a "Big Block" just an FYI. Aside from that it was well done. I'm very impressed that your Olds pulled away with stock 2.14 gears and an open diff. traction must be tough. All you'll need now is some rear end work and that thing is set! Nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor