Vintage Air Surefit GBody kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Well I know there is a previous Vintage Air topic but I’m sure you guys saw the pic from SEMA and Vintage Air has finally released their own Surefit Kit for Gbody. I messaged them after I saw the pics from SEMA they told me mid to late DEC. Just checked the site and it’s already listed.
https://www.vintageair.com/surefit/complete-kits/?make=Chevrolet&year1=1985&model=Monte Carlo

I’m going to ditch trying to build the stock box I got and I’m going with this kit. It’s honestly not even a bad price considering everything that is included.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: 8 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I mean there is a "does it come with a G-body?" joke that goes right along with this. But, in this day and age it looks super complete and well thought out,

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The OE setup works well if one takes the time to ensure the system is in OE configuration. New HVAC box seals and ductwork cleaning/resealing makes a BIG difference in performance of the system.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
The OE setup works well IF it's still there.

There are thousands of G bodies that have had the HVAC box ripped out. There is a reckoning coming for all these cars with the HVAC box missing and people that realize driving their hotrod without AC and sweaty back sucks.

I think, I hope, they got the plate/box correct and included a panel to fill in the cowl and allow the seal to be retained.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Holy hell I was right.

For once the aftermarket parts industry pulled their heads out of their own arses and did something right. It has a cowl panel included.

1639890846365.png

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Does anybody know why the 78-81's aren't included? I had thought everything was interchangeable
Might be that typical misinformation from the A to G change so they only list '82 up. Even with the differences with the under hood wiring & componets on the compressors everything else is pretty mush the same.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
The OE setup works well if one takes the time to ensure the system is in OE configuration. New HVAC box seals and ductwork cleaning/resealing makes a BIG difference in performance of the system.
I hope so... I just spent several hundred dollars on OE replacement parts. If this kit would have been available a few months ago, I would have bought it.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Does anybody know why the 78-81's aren't included? I had thought everything was interchangeable
Probably cause they didn't want to get everybody fired up when it didn't fit their "A" body Chevelle 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor