Vintage Audio Equipment

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
:worthless:
There. Now, that that's out of the way. I've been coming to terms with my own mortality and the "projects" that I have acquired over the years and the actuality of ever starting and/or finishing them. Which leads me to the subject: I am sitting on a pair mono block tube amps made by a guy named Saul (trying to avoid web tagging) between 1952-1958. I really wanted to have a nice turn table hooked to them with a nice pair of electrostats or something (maybe even build my own) one day. I know it sounds very hipster, but, I in fact, would know what and why I'm doing it. So, the thought of selling them has come to mind. They may be family heirlooms (came with the house from my dad?), and I know my kid won't want them. I'll put some pics up if I get a chance.

Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Love to see some pics! I picked up a turntable a few years ago and bought some speakers with custom built crossovers to enjoy vinyl all over again, then made my own custom stands for them. Last week I bought my dad's JBL L166 studio monitors that he has had since I was born and grew up listening to vinyl on. My next purchase is a tube amp or at least an old tube Marantz like my dad had.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I've been tempted to pick up a pair of Maggie .7's to try out although I'm not sure the wife will care for the larger speakers, she used to hate my old Cerwin Vegas.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Only turn table I have is from the 1920's... no electric, hand cranked.. Still works too..

-Gonz

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Guess my infinity rsa450 amp still daily powering the subs in my work truck I bought in 1989 is too new for this post. :unsure:
I do have a Alamo Challenger guitar amp from the 50's that in my unknowing teen years took out of the original case. Not as cool as yours though.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Guess my infinity rsa450 amp still daily powering the subs in my work truck I bought in 1989 is too new for this post. :unsure:
I do have a Alamo Challenger guitar amp from the 50's that in my unknowing teen years took out of the original case. Not as cool as yours though.
I think '89 is still about 30 years out. These were built between '52-58. I was using one as my sub amp ( :eek: ) when I first moved in, so I know at least one of them works.

I found a few service kits on the shelf of unknown origin, and there are tubes in them. Which ones do you need for your Alamo? They don't fit my amps....

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor