CUTLASS vinyl bead bumper trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleanCutty86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2020
Looking for replacement vinyl bumper strips for front and rear 86 cutlass bumper. Everywhere i look i see chrome for sale, looking for black. Anyone have any leads or alternative suggestions. I am speaking about the vinyl bead that highlights the bumper its more of anccent trim piece. I'll try to post a picture.
Thanks

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 236

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You can scuff and paint the chrome ones. The chrome is actually a mylar film underneath a clear plastic overlayment. Paint it with SEM brand black, and you're good to go.

Reactions: 2 users

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
You can scuff and paint the chrome ones. The chrome is actually a mylar film underneath a clear plastic overlayment. Paint it with SEM brand black, and you're good to go.
The thing is mine the outer coat is peeling and crumbling in places. So i need to order new ones anyways. Wondering if a company makes one so i dont feel bad and painting new chrome ones lol.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
You can get it from napa in 25ft rolls. It takes 2 boxes to do front and back. My local napa has both the chrome and black in their warehouse

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor