Vinyl Top Molding

Status
Not open for further replies.

81CutlassDsl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2010
Michigan
How does the vinyl top molding on the roof attach? Can this be removed and put back on without destroying anything?

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
not exactly sure. most likely plastic clips under there, if you don't break them during removal you could probably reuse, but they are very likey to break.

Nice olds' btw 8)

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Im not sure if theres a better way, but i carefully pried up the piece that runs between the front and rear window. Once thats free you can slide the rest off. As well as the rest of the trim. When putting it back on, i found that they kinda snap on to the clips, as opposed the sliding back on. Sorry i dont have any better info, as it was my first time messing with it too.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
They are attached via plastic clips. If you are careful when removing it, you can save the clips and re-use them.
If you break some and want to get more, you can check Napa autoparts (I saw em at a location here, on the shelf) or you can get 'em from clipsandfasteners.com. If you have trouble finding them, let me know I'll find em for you.

81CutlassDsl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2010
Michigan
Thanks that will probably be my project in a week or two. I will probably end up breaking the plastic clips as the car has seen a lot of sun (light brown one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor