Vinyl Top Trim - Gloss, Flat, or Satin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
As the title states, what is the proper finish for a stock restoration on a (gloss) Black 86 Supreme? All the pics I have collected doesn't really show this real good and light reflection can be off in pics anyway. I'm refering to the wide trim that goes across the roof and then down the sides and across the trunk extension. Basically all of it that outlines the vinyl top. Body-wise it will be a stock restoration.

I know I'm a ways off before I start dealing with paint and bodywork, but as I think of questions or see them in posts, I add them to my saved info.

Thanks!

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
i took my vinyl top off, but I was really reconsidering the idea and might wanna put it back on...where are you finding all the replacement clips? someone posted where to find aftermarket clips not to long ago but I don't remember what the website was

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor