Visiting Richard Childress Racing NASCAR shop and museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I had the privalege to see the shop where Burton, Kenseth and a bunch of other drivers for NASCAR have their cars worked and crafted. We were taken on a private tour of the actual facilities where the cars are made. It is absolutely amazing the amount of engineering these cars go through and they are literally hand crafted from start to finish. We were given the tour by a guy named mike which does all the data and sensor entry and sits whith the drivers at the end of the race for a pow wow and feedback. We were able to see the museum as well and absolutely loved learning the history about Dale Sr. I even came home with a tire for the garage to hang on the wall. Enjoy the pics.

Update. Got more detailed pictures of the new shop and will post them this eve

HDFXR1991

Apprentice
Aug 21, 2011
Wisconsin
8) Got to visit the RCR shops, museum and vineyard in Febuary with my Dale Earnhardt Signature Monte Carlo SS. Going back next week between races. It was still a tear filled eyes to get up close to Dale Sr's cars and his race shop. Thanks for posting your pics.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
now this is the cool part. Take a look at the size and the technology. THey make 90% of the car in house.

these are the actual cars that will race in the coca cola 600, they are in final staging for race.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Did you get to see the new track simulator they have for the suspension tuning? That Earnhardt shrine is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor