Vortech Procharger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Opinions on this? I have a 5.3 . I think its a good deal. If the picture worked . It's a vortech procharger v2 thanks for any help

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
picture here sorry

Attachments

• asdsad.png
    asdsad.png
    502.3 KB · Views: 205

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
Any kind of boost equipment is, by the nature of what it does, a limited life item. The person selling this item is probably an up and up guy and the unit probably functioned perfectly when it came off his ride. However, you have no idea, really, what's going to happen when you bolt it into your ride. Who's gonna pick up the bill if, after three or four months the unit goes into the crapper. I would be willing to bet not the guy who sold it to you. I wouldn't pick up the bill either, if I sold it to you and you shouldn't expect him to. You want to buy any number of used parts, no big deal (NBD) if you know what to look for. Used exhaust, NBD. Wheels and tires, NBD. Used carb, even used heads, NBD. But a huffer is a crap shoot. I would give this some serious thought before dropping the price of a fairly nice engine rebuild on an unknown item.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Ok thank you that makes sense . I'd rather go with new anyways. What do you think would be best for supercharge wise ?

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Depends on what you want it to do. Roots/positive displacement blowers work low to mid range. Centrifugal blowers like the one you're looking at are more mid to top end. Boost in any form is going to flat run. Pick your poison.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
It's a must have on a 5.3; is it on yet?
See, I actually like the character of these engines. The next one I swap might not have a power adder just to keep the experience more pure. They make plenty of power for a nice driver.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor