What project would you do?

• 1980 Malibu Classic (Custom)

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner (Original)

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's easy build the Mopar and sell me the Malibu....maybe that will get Drransom off my *ss :rofl:

try and reread the post. my engine is a MILD build. there are a few places i can improve power. even w/out going to aftermarket heads. getting an extra 50hp wouldn't be too hard.
and as there are no dyno's near me, nor drag tracks, how do i get actual numbers? and, since most people go to a chassis dyno, what do those numbers mean? they're as useless as any estimate. especially since you have to ESTIMATE the power loss in the drivetrain!

I just talked to some of my buddies on the moparts forum. They were laughing about the comment that the chrysler and chevy 383 are the same. Here is one of the comments:

GM is same as Mopar...? :puke: :lol: :lol:

Just jack with your GM buddy and tell him that all the parts are interchangable.

Yep and also tell him how mopar had the 383 and the 350 first, and that those were such good designs that GM bought chrysler's motors. Then show him some ads for the 50's mopar that actually came with the mopar 350 and 383 and he'll probably believe you!

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/sho ... w=1#UNREAD

Hey hot rod, make me an offer I might take you up on it.

:rofl:
I love it.
We tell you that you're not gonna get the power out of it here, and you run there looking for consolation, and they tell you the same thing! :lol:

Safariwagon was simply using displacement as a basis for comparison.
He never said "383 stroker sbc is the same as a chrysler 383" as you put it on that other board.

Did you even read the whole thread you started over there?

No, you would need a much larger cam swap, head work and/or aftermarket heads and headers.
You will need a noticeably larger cam than stock and aftermarket heads or some serious port work/larger valves. Same combo with stock heads would top out at around 400hp I'd say.

Looks awful familiar to what I said earlier, doesn't it? :rofl:

Unbelieveable... :lol:

Yeah a little head work Blake. I already said headers, cam, and intake. There only saying mild port work and larger valves. Meaning the use of STOCK heads.

To me 383 cubic inches is 383 cubic inches. I don't get hung up on the Big Vs. Small block thing. It's still 383 cubes. I'm betting that big block mopar weighs more too. Sounds comparable to me.

If that's not saying that they're both the same then I don't know what is then. I didn't go there for consolation, I went to simply see what they would say, as suggested very early in this thread by one of the other posters saying to go to the b body forum.

Blake, the roadrunner is still gonna whoop that buick gs lol. :lol: *flashback

You're still just picking out the pieces you want to hear.

"Heavy porting and over-sized valves" does not spell "stock heads", not to mention both of your "buddies" recommend aftermarket heads right off the bat.

As for the 383 vs. 383, you're misquoting him. He said they're comparable, not the same.
Those are two different words, with two different meanings.

You just make this too much fun, Pat... 😛

thanks for the link, FWIW check out combo 73. 375HP i have more displacement, a bigger cam, and higher compression. (or combo 99). i think they're worth 25hp. actually, looking at some of the builds, i might be on the conservative side.

Blake said it. Comparable and the same have two different meanings. I respect some guys prefer Mopars over Chevy's, But to be ignorant enough to think their brand is so much better than the other I can't understand. You can make just about anything run well if you throw enough money at it. That's why I like chevy's. There is not much of an arguement as far as what's the most economical to build. I had my 496 BBC dyno'ed for $300 bucks. Best $300 I ever spent. We got the jetting right, timing right etc. Well worth the money . Heres one about 90 miles from you Megaladon6. Maybe that's not close enough for you. I can understand that. But if you look at their site they have examples of various builds too. Including 383SBC and 383 Mopar. Top notch dyno they have too. http://www.larryspower.com/dyno/index.html

Damn 50/50 vote so far. Didn't see that comin. Thought it would be completely for the bu. That's why I said this forum gives opinions from all directions instead of just one. Yes I'm talkin about you Blake 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor