wabbles to and fro

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
Spent yesterday at daughters graduation from Indiana state. I drover car back home, 86 Monte Carlo LS.
Holy smokes! At 70, if i hit the right bump it washed all over the place. it was like being in a flat bottom boat going across some huge wakes. It basically went straight but bobbled around. It does not shake. More like a dive left and right. Is this the gbody bump steer or is something else going on? My wagon doesn't do this. I'm not suspension expert but I get the concepts. I'm going out to look at it and see what I find. I'd like to at least make it better for her. At 55 it does a pretty good job.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Have you replaced any suspension parts? It could be worn out or leaking shocks or front sway bar links but if nothing has been done it could be any combination of suspension components that are worn out or deteriorated..

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
Well like all my great plans, that fell through. My OT and I can't keep the daughter home long enough to look at the dumb thing, Now she is of to here summer job.

After I got it, it all checked out good, 5 years ago. never replaced anything. all original i believe. grandma car.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Control arm bushings, new ball joints, tierods and/or new shocks. You can probably feel it if you shake the tire by hand. Put a jack under the crossmember to raise the ride height an inch or so (to simulate 70 mph), then man handle the tire to see if you can toe it in or out.

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
yea thats way I check. now if she will just bring it back. If she is going to keep it much longer may just do a rebuild on the front end. I've had this crazy idea to put a 3.5 out of a camaro in it. nearly 3 times the HP and better MPG.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
yea thats way I check. now if she will just bring it back. If she is going to keep it much longer may just do a rebuild on the front end. I've had this crazy idea to put a 3.5 out of a camaro in it. nearly 3 times the HP and better MPG.
I got your back, bro! Let's do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor