WANTED Wagon Doors

Trader history for LT1Malibu (0)

L

LT1Malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2019
I need both passenger doors for a wagon. Would like some reasonably close to Tampa. They can be shells. 8133898801

85ss/85gn

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
What kind of wagon do you have? Chevy/Pontiac are the same and Cutlass/Buick are different than Chevy/Pontiac

Reactions: Longroof79
L

LT1Malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2019
Chevy. I learn something everyday!

Longroof79

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If you can find a 4-dr Malibu sedan, the front doors are an exact exchange, the rear doors are the same except that the window frames are different. You can actually remove the window frame from your damaged door and use it on the 4-dr replacement. If I recall there are several spot welds and a few tack welds here and there. You can probably also use Pontiac Lemans and Bonneville doors as long as they're from a G-body. It's gonna be hit or miss looking for them at the junkyards. You can try checking out this site http://www.car-part.com/.

Tuffregal83

Tuffregal83

Master Mechanic
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
If you can find a 4-dr Malibu sedan, the front doors are an exact exchange, the rear doors are the same except that the window frames are different. You can actually remove the window frame from your damaged door and use it on the 4-dr replacement. If I recall there are several spot welds and a few tack welds here and there. You can probably also use Pontiac Lemans and Bonneville doors as long as they're from a G-body. It's gonna be hit or miss looking for them at the junkyards. You can try checking out this site http://www.car-part.com/.
Somewhere on here someone posted how to do the rear door frame swap

Reactions: Longroof79
Longroof79

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Somewhere on here someone posted how to do the rear door frame swap
Yes, you're right. A German member had replaced one of his rear doors with a sedan door and swapped window frames. He did it successfully, too.
I had one of my old doors apart at one time. If you're careful and pay attention, you'll find all the spot and tack welds. It shouldn't be too difficult. Sometimes you'll find some of lower window frame eaten away from rust. Hopefully you won't have that problem down here in Florida.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Longroof79 Wanted 0
nawlins-tim Wanted 2
Longroof79 Wanted 2

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor