Wagon Fuel Tank Question

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Crazy question.
Anyone know how many lines are on a wagon fuel tank ?
I had 3 on the coupe. I ran AN line to the pump. Capped one at the sender. The third I ran to a roll over check valve/vent.
The wagon only has 2. I had to replace the rubber lines that run from the lines on the tank to the hard lines that run along the frame. One went to the pump, the one on the left side originally went to the canister. I forgot what I did to that line back when I was putting in the new SS brake lines. Turned out I just cut it under the frame and left it there. I'll probably take it out and put in one of those vents like I used on the coupe. Am I missing a third line ???

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Some came with three and or two depending on the fuel pump. One main 3/8” , one I believe was 1/4” vent to canister, and one 1/4” from the fuel pump for excess pressure regulator to feed back to the tank I believe. It also depended on what motor was used for the third line being needed.
Some people used to change out the fuel pump to eliminate the need for the extra return line. You can lookup your make/model/year/and motor at the online store and see if was one that only had one to the pump or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Some came with three and or two depending on the fuel pump. One main 3/8” , one I believe was 1/4” vent to canister, and one 1/4” from the fuel pump for excess pressure regulator to feed back to the tank I believe. It also depended on what motor was used for the third line being needed.
Some people used to change out the fuel pump to eliminate the need for the extra return line. You can lookup your make/model/year/and motor at the online store and see if was one that only had one to the pump or two.
From the way it looks under the car I think it came with only two. Thanks for that info !

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor