wagon lowering question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Before I drop my engine in the wagon
I was going to start on the front suspension like upper and lower ball joints , bushings,
springs, and shocks just like to know what you guys are running for lowering springs/shocks for front and rear.
and if any you guys have pictures would love to see how they look.
I've heard of guys using coupe rear spring and just lowering the front how does this look.
thanks

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Ditto. Any good rear spring suggestions that don't sag if you haul something but don't make it ride like an, um, lumber wagon?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
installing the front springs it's easier with the engine in, If you are changing your engine mounts it is easier with the lowers off but I would install the engine before installing the springs

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Ditto. Any good rear spring suggestions that don't sag if you haul something but don't make it ride like an, um, lumber wagon?

I use a set of these in my stock rear springs. I air them up when I'm gonna be carrying a load like the 1100 pounds of bagged concrete I hauled home last year or when needing to drag a trailer.

Reactions: 1 user

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
I used Detroit Speed for 2” drop springs in the front along with 2” drop spindles from Belltech. These were on my Malibu coupe. In the rear were UMI 2” drop springs. They didn’t do much to lower it. The front tires 195x65x15 rubbed on tight turns. There was not much room for anything else bigger.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Look at my build thread. In short - a lot to make it work right.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor