wagon molding clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
Well most wagon guys know how hard some of the wagon specific parts are to find. One being the headliner molding clips over the rear window and over the Large side windows. I got lucky a few weeks ago and found some for a fair price too. Actually I was planning to get a dozen extras and piece them out and make up some dollars spent on mine. BUT I had a change of heart, so if any wagon guys that plan to redo their headliner and want some of the clips for the big side window molding just either respond here and I will pass on the sellers info. Its a place out of California and as far as I know he had around 12 pieces left . I gladly paid 6$ each. You could get away with using 2 per side but it takes 3 per side. So respond if I can help.
upload_2017-9-28_20-50-11.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Actually, those are the more difficult clips to obtain. The clips for the rear moulding are easier to find. I think those are being reproduced...but the side moulding clips are OEM and guys are generally asking stupid money for them.

• Agree

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I bought mine from a guy in Hemmings. Im just not sure what to do with them. Do you put them into the trim and snap the whole thing into place or do you put them into the slots first and then snap the trim onto the clip ? I was going to post that question since I just got my headliner back from the upholstery shop the other day.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Clips into trim, assembly to roof

• Agree

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
Brian's right. The clips snap into the trim, then you snap the trim into place.
It's always good to have extra clips. I think I paid like $3-$3.50 @ for the side trim clips...the rears I had bought many years ago when you could still order them from the dealer.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Yeah, I paid the stupid money for mine.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, I paid the stupid money for mine.
Jim,
Sometimes when you're up against the wall you have no choice. Some of these clowns on Ebay you just want to take them out and whip them severely.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
Yep . im sure these are right , about attaching the clip to the molding then snap the molding and clip in place.
But HOW DO YOU REMOVE IT WITHOUT DAMAGE? I guess once the headliner is redone its good for a while. Long while

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yep . im sure these are right , about attaching the clip to the molding then snap the molding and clip in place.
But HOW DO YOU REMOVE IT WITHOUT DAMAGE? I guess once the headliner is redone its good for a while. Long while
Yeah, it's rare when you're able to remove these clips intact. For the most part the clips are all there except the little tab that breaks off and renders the clip useless.
I know it's frustrating...perhaps that was the whole intent to be able to use them once and not worry about them for a long time....
And again, these cars weren't meant to be around for as long as they have been, thus the shortage of spare replacement parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor