Wagon tailgate bumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm wondering if anyone has a source or part # for the oblong rubber tailgate bumpers for a wagon. I don't know if El Caminos use the same part. They're similar to the door bumpers, but taller. I tried to find them in my old crash book to no avail.
I'm thinking they're specific to wagons only.

I noticed that Blake was also looking for them recently and found a few good ones at the junkyard. * Hope you don't mind me borrowing your picture, Blake.
92151787_609405750013568_6016410905516972543_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Jack,
Don't know if these are what you need but if you can get a part number from the old ones they have them by 25 count.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thank you. Bob,
I think those that you indicated might be the shorter bumpers for the doors. The tailgate bumpers are taller. I was wondering if El Caminos used the same bumpers. I checked the old one that I have and it doesn't show a part #. Trust me, I looked.
These are basically for my friend who is also building a wagon. I was lucky to remove a few at the junkyard several years back....and they're on my car.

Btw, I've dealt with clipsandfasteners and they're generally a good source for....clips and fasteners.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Bob,
Looking at them again and taking a measurement of the old bumper.... also taking into account for compression and shrinkage, those look like they may be the right ones. Thank you again, Bob. I'll run this by my friend and see what he wants to do.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Bob,
Looking at them again and taking a measurement of the old bumper.... also taking into account for compression and shrinkage, those look like they may be the right ones. Thank you again, Bob. I'll run this by my friend and see what he wants to do.

Jack,
I was looking on their page and it shows the 1/2 inch tall ones farther up the page. I don't recall if my El Camino had them but i have dealt with them on headliner clips a few years back and they are good people.
Glad I may be of assistance!

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack,
I was looking on their page and it shows the 1/2 inch tall ones farther up the page. I don't recall if my El Camino had them but i have dealt with them on headliner clips a few years back and they are good people.
Glad I may be of assistance!
Thank you again for your input, Bob.
I really appreciate you directing me to Clipsandfasteners. ..and yes, I agree with you...they are good people to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor