Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I always remember this one.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
That's nothing :)

I was going about 60 mph faster and a witness said the car went 40 ft in the air. Good thing there wasn't video. People would think I was dead.

wreck-comparison-jpg.162024

The My car didn't catch fire because the battery was in the stock location and flew out of the car on the first hit. I would guess the wagon's battery was in the back and the fuel pump kept running after the crash. Good way to burn to death.

Attachments

• wreck comparison.jpg
    wreck comparison.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 435
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
That's nothing :)

I was going about 60 mph faster and a witness said the car went 40 ft in the air. Good thing there wasn't video. People would think I was dead.

wreck-comparison-jpg.162024

The My car didn't catch fire because the battery was in the stock location and flew out of the car on the first hit. I would guess the wagon's battery was in the back and the fuel pump kept running after the crash. Good way to burn to death.

Yeah, understandably you went AWOL for a bit. I recall you were working with your son to get his racing license as well at the time. Even though I don't know you there was still great concern that you were both OK.
Glad to see all the safety stuff in your car did what it was supposed to do and you are here now to say " pfft... that's nothing !! " instead of reading an obit.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Yeah, understandably you went AWOL for a bit. I recall you were working with your son to get his racing license as well at the time. Even though I don't know you there was still great concern that you were both OK.
Glad to see all the safety stuff in your car did what it was supposed to do and you are here now to say " pfft... that's nothing !! " instead of reading an obit.

I was pretty messed up -two crushed vertebrae and some lingering spinal cord stuff, but mostly because I'm over 50. My son was 19 and he cracked 6 ribs and only cracked his vertebrae, so he's back to 100% and want's to buy another race car. He's E racing now and is pretty good, so that should keep him content for a while.

On Motorweek on PBS this weekend, they had a story about a car painter in Virginia and in the story they interviewed Bill Kuiper (The sign painter had Painted Bill's '71 David Pearson Montego). Bill crashed a few years before I did on the same road, about a mile from where I crashed and his crash was even more brutal than mine. Small world.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Should you ever care to share the full story, I'm sure many of us would be interested in reading it. This is not me asking to hear it, just saying that we were concerned, and are glad you both came out OK, and if you care to share, we're listening.

Not meant to be nosy, it's hard to set tone in the written word.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
UNGN I was not trying to trigger any PTSD. It got my attention being a G-body wagon. For as cheaply as we think these cars were built they seem go do OK in bad crashes.

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I was pretty messed up -two crushed vertebrae and some lingering spinal cord stuff, but mostly because I'm over 50. My son was 19 and he cracked 6 ribs and only cracked his vertebrae, so he's back to 100% and want's to buy another race car. He's E racing now and is pretty good, so that should keep him content for a while.

On Motorweek on PBS this weekend, they had a story about a car painter in Virginia and in the story they interviewed Bill Kuiper (The sign painter had Painted Bill's '71 David Pearson Montego). Bill crashed a few years before I did on the same road, about a mile from where I crashed and his crash was even more brutal than mine. Small world.

'All's well that ends well' - and I mean it!! So glad to here that both of you are good.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor