REGAL Walkaround and Drive video of CaliWagon83's Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Hey Guys! Been meaning to do this for a long time. With all the spare time with the Coronavirus lock-down, thought I'd go ahead and do it. Hope you enjoy.

Reactions: 12 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Good to see you again. friend!

Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
nice vid, maybe it'll give me some motivation to get back on the Gypsy wagon. had it a year and all I've really done to it was gather parts, and yank the old engine out, and get the 4.3 ready for mock-up.

another regal wagon owner happy to see you back!

Reactions: 1 users

stevenc8337

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
NYC
Nice wagon! Love the fact that it has been in your family since new. That is awesome! Super super clean!

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Nice wagon! Love the fact that it has been in your family since new. That is awesome! Super super clean!

Thanks. I think the most likely next step is probably an updated radio and sound system. I definitely want to do something with the powertrain at some point, but unfortunately, I live in probably the most PITA state for modifying vehicles.

stevenc8337

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
NYC
Thanks. I think the most likely next step is probably an updated radio and sound system. I definitely want to do something with the powertrain at some point, but unfortunately, I live in probably the most PITA state for modifying vehicles.
I understand. I have family in California. for how clean the car is If not keeping it stock i would probably get a nice Ls3 and 4l60 trans kit and drop that in. Literally connect and cruise. I will say one thing with that. If you have the 7.5 rear end I would upgrade to a Grand National rear or a Ford 9 or 12 bolt GM. I went through 3 7.5 rears on my wagon once I swapped to a 450hp 383 chevy. Eventually just installed a Ford 9 rear from quick performance. I would definitely keep the clean buick wagon look 😎

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I'm not enough of a wagon fan to go buy one, but that is one clean cruiser! I could tell how nice it rides by how mushy the camera shows the suspension travel as you go over the little bumps. It's different, and you're living it, so that gets you points!

Thanks for the ride along.

BuickOldsPontiac

Master Mechanic
Oct 14, 2011
Sterling Heights, MI
Thanks for sharing! Your video makes me wish I had the Cutlass Cruiser that my parents owned when I was a young kid. I don't know what happened to it, but its probably been recycled at least twice now.

Bonus points for the car phone!

Reactions: 2 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I could tell how nice it rides by how mushy the camera shows the suspension travel as you go over the little bumps. It's different, and you're living it, so that gets you points!

Thanks for the ride along.

Actually, we put in firmer shocks at some point. I can’t remember if they’re Gabriels or Monroes, but they made a big difference. The stock shocks were just ridiculously floppy.

The firmness is just right now. It doesn’t howl and lean over in the corners like it did with the stock shocks. It still only has the stock-size 195 tires, so it’s no autocross monster, but it at least feels in-control.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor