Wanna raise.my monte...kinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutthroatxxx

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 30, 2010
I know this is gonna sound kind of stupid but I wanna raise my monte a few.inches.The reason being is I do paint&bodywork for a living & Ive got a liftd truck to get conversations going with the truck guys,a hotrod for those fellas a bike for those guys now the monte Im going either 19s 20s.or 22s the car sits super low has a monster off a sbc built by a race co Im doing turns of custom metal work & sick.paint job with my cos.name.snaking.dowm the.sides.like.on.a.gasser.
Id like it to sit just a little higher but not super donked out whats the cheapest & easiest way 2 do.this?Thank you in advance &please forgive my poor puncutAtion & grammar

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
its a monte, you should be able to fit 24's without any mods as long as the previous owner didnt lower it any, u said it sits low, does it have drop spindles and cut coils? might need new spindles n coil springs... personally, i dislike big rims, but i am part of a group on facebook (the gbody connection) and 99% of the cars are on big rims and the guys with montes dont do anything but slap on a new set of rims n tires... but, if you are going for an old school gasser look, than why go with big rims, gasser have stock or smaller rims up front... also, i would guess lifting your car will make it handle like sh*t... and i dont think you will ever achieve the look you want without doing all the true old school gasser work... but now if you are just going for big rims, thats an easy one, make sure you have the right spindles and run a stronger coilspring and slap on some big rims... lol... check out the gbody connection if you have facebook, almost everyone is running big rims so i am sure they could help with any ?'s you may have

Attachments

• IMG_217610156218646.jpeg
    IMG_217610156218646.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 437
  • photobucket-2470-1330379034504.jpg
    photobucket-2470-1330379034504.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 841
  • gbodygasser.jpg
    gbodygasser.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 634

85Gold-Heart

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2014
Ft.Stewart, Ga
^^^^^ lmbo. But just take it to a place you trust to install your wheels and talk to them. The wheel size (height & width) determines alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor