Want to Buy Good LS Plug Wire Boot Pliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I got some chintzy pliers at Blow Reilly's years ago and I don't trust them for my next plug job on the Envoy. Goal is to get all 8 boots off without destroying anything, cussing, or getting angry. I figure my chances of success are low, only way to increase them is with a fancy new tool. What have you guys had good luck with?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I've always used these if I can't put my hand on it.

L51410_1024x.jpg

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Try to grab the rubber between that heat shield and the end of the boot, what I've done with them.

That's where I went for with the cheap, stamped pliers. The stubborn boots never moved and required destruction. Did you have good luck with the pliers posted by Streetbu? They're like the first thing that pops up when you Google this stuff.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That's where I went for with the cheap, stamped pliers. The stubborn boots never moved and required destruction. Did you have good luck with the pliers posted by Streetbu? They're like the first thing that pops up when you Google this stuff.
I don't own any but that would be the first type I'd buy.

Rotate method works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor