Wanting to do a Youtube vid but

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Since I'm not tech savvy, how do I do this with just my Samsung S5 phone. I do have an account a youtube but not sure how to post. I need it a bit more refined for a redneck like I get directions. You know like, turn left at the pink house, go one mile to Skeeters barbeque "watch out for Skeeter, he's got a shotgun" :rofl: I just recently got a new computer and have trouble finding stuff on it.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
All you should have to do is record the video then click share and youtube will probably pop up to one of the options as long as you are logged into the app on your phone it should be able to then add it to your account. Worst case scenario you go into the Youtube app and click the camcorder button next to the search button up on the top right and allow it to look into your photos/camera and you can add it there

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Once you have a video on your phone or PC, go to youtube and setup a profile. From the home page look for the icon I circled here and click it.....
20170728_100847.png

Next, go to "my videos".....
20170728_100939.png

Click on the camera and this will pull up videos you have on your phone or PC. Just click the video and it should start uploading to youtube....
20170728_101008.png

After the video is live, go to said video and click the arrow I circled. This will give you options....click copy link. Then come here to the forum and paste said video!
20170728_112601.png

Voila! Hope this helps.

Last edited:
  • Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Please, please - record the video horizontally > , not vertically \/.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Please, please - record the video horizontally > , not vertically \/.
You got that right!!! The video I have in the link above my dad shot while riding around in my cutlass before the motor crapped out!
I didn't realize until after and gave him grief over it lol!!!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
OK, every time I do a video and try to send it to my email to save to computer, it says file size too large. I did a 30 second video a couple months ago and it did the same thing. What the heck do I do?
It's really easy to upload it to youtube via your phone. I think about 17 or 18 seconds seems to be the cut off for the filesize to be too large.
If you don't have the youtube app on your phone, download it. That would avoid the extra step of trying to get it onto your PC.

Reactions: 1 user

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I think you can save it to computer via usb. That's what I do with my iPhone...

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I always use the computer because I'm anal and like to edit everything. (That means I screw up a lot)

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see some footage of your 442 project. The pics are pretty damn good, so vids should be better.

Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor