Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
1976 Monte Carlo. A- Body.

Jweb

Apprentice
Oct 20, 2018
Salem, OR
I bought an ‘83 Regal when I was 16 (1994). It had 38,000 miles and was brown, with brown vinyl top and brown interior. I really liked lowriders at the time so I painted it white with gold pearl added a phantom top (not sure what it’s called now or if anyone even does them anymore) and 13” wire wheels. Just found a pic of it yesterday.

My parents hated the car, said they could hear the stereo a mile away. Had 4 12” speakers in the trunk.

Attachments

• 3B7DF4C6-8FBF-422A-9913-E9A0B9C514F0.jpeg
    3B7DF4C6-8FBF-422A-9913-E9A0B9C514F0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
First car was my Cougar that I've shared elsewhere. But it looked like this first, in 1982, after my Dad and I spent a year together fixing it up.

1425old_cougar[1].jpg

First A-Body I had was a Cutlass that was supposed to be my college commuter car until one of my Dad's customer's was selling a much nicer condition Grand Torino. So the Cutlass went to my cousin instead.

First G-Body was an 86 Grand Prix that I got in 89. But that thing was a lemon. I fixed everything that was wrong with it and tried selling it for what I paid for it and no takers. I ended up keeping it and it got totalled within a year when I got T-Boned in the driver's door by a carload of drunk teens. Painful to say but it was a fitting end to that car.

Also had a 77 Monte Carlo that was another winter beater /downtown assault vehicle when I started working downtown which allowed me to save my 88 T-Bird that bought with the insurance money from the 86 GP crash.

Another daily driver turned winter beater was a 77 Grand Prix that I ended up racking up 290,000 on the original Pontiac 350.

The wagon I have now is what replaced that 77 GP.

I've always had some sort of a beater in my fleet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor