Wash primer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
So a buddy gave me bunch of paint stuff in a box since he was moving out west and didn't want to take it with in the box was this never seen or heard of this wash primer anyone else know and why would you use wash primer my buddy didn't know what it was used for
20190824_081508.jpg

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You'd want to use it on galvanized panels before priming. It's an etch wash primer to give the next coating something to bite into. In the past, wash primers were pretty commonly used on everything, but since the advent of epoxy, it isn't used nearly as much. Is still advised on galvanized panels though.

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
The GM Abodies of the mid 70s had the real thick galvanized rocker panels that you needed that for paint to adhere.

Reactions: 1 user

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Good to know thanks guys hope it's still good I bet he had it 25 years or better

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
It's a good production primer under regular primer that isn't dtm. if you're blasting or using on some rough surfaces use something else as it's thin. it'll actually sit in the lows and leave highs bare.i used it for years till they pulled the plug.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
It's a good production primer under regular primer that isn't dtm. if you're blasting or using on some rough surfaces use something else as it's thin. it'll actually sit in the lows and leave highs bare.i used it for years till they pulled the plug.
Self leveling! I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor