Weather Stripping and New Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugnificent

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2017
Few things I'd like to fix on my car

Both doors need weather stripping, I'm going to buy Metro, is the installation easy? Is there a guide?

Also, at night I cannot see at all, the speedometer, etc. Is there a light supposed to be there? If so, how do I install new ones?

Also, my high beams are out, what bulbs would you all reccommend?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT
Which weatherstrips would you be replacing? If all of them, here is a link to a YouTube video showing how to install the window felts:

The door weatherstrip is just a remove and replace. As far as the hardtop seal goes, there are numerous ways to remove them. I personally just use a plastic pry tool that fits the channel and that has worked well for me. On the install, I tend to dry fit everything and then slowly remove and apply adhesive in sections. If you have trouble, a small amount of dawn dish soap and water will help it slide into place.

Something to remember: the door glass will almost always need to be readjusted after a new set of seals and there is a "break-in period" where the seals are shaping to your door glass.

With regard to the lights at night, there are bulbs behind your gauges. I have swapped my personal car and our shop car over to LED bulbs which are much brighter, but you lose the option to dim them.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Few things I'd like to fix on my car

Both doors need weather stripping, I'm going to buy Metro, is the installation easy? Is there a guide?

Also, at night I cannot see at all, the speedometer, etc. Is there a light supposed to be there? If so, how do I install new ones?

Also, my high beams are out, what bulbs would you all reccommend?

As far as headlights go, I cannot recommend LED's enough. I never even have to use the highs on my units since I get more than enough light from them and they were very cheap. I bought a cheap set from Amazon because the ones I ordered from Ebay ended up only being a single one that I could not get to work, turned out all I had to do was repin the headlights to get them to work correctly. I have pics of them running but they are so bright that the camera goes nuts

Thugnificent

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2017
As far as headlights go, I cannot recommend LED's enough. I never even have to use the highs on my units since I get more than enough light from them and they were very cheap. I bought a cheap set from Amazon because the ones I ordered from Ebay ended up only being a single one that I could not get to work, turned out all I had to do was repin the headlights to get them to work correctly. I have pics of them running but they are so bright that the camera goes nuts
Any specific LED from Amazon you'd reccommend?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Did you just replace the low beams? or did you replace all 4?
How did you wire them ?

I redid all the lighting in the front of the Monte, I used these as the lows and only use them as that. I can kick them up to high and then see absolutely everything with just them. I hooked up a semi halo set on the inner 4x6 but the HIDs broke during the install so have just been running these because I see more than enough with them.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I run two bi-xenon on the outside and two hid on the inside hi beam with 4 Hella conversion lens. The HID are brighter then the LED and they last longer than the LED. The other advantage to the hid is they create heat to melt the snow on the lens. The LED create lots of heat but only in the circuit board so if the integrated fan stops working the LED burns out real quick. LED's are suppose to last a long time but to get the quality LED you'll be paying alot more than what you'll pay for the cheap chinese lights. Most of the LED's on the market are poor quality and will burn out alot sooner than advertised.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor