CUTLASS weather stripping complete kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve S

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2022
Anyone knows where I can get weather stripping kit
Restoring 1986 cutlass salon. want weather stripping complete kit (including door glass)
Also have CARS AND COCEPT T-Tops. Need weather stripping.
I prefer not to get a part here and there.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You were doing great until you mentioned C&C T-tops. From what I understand, those reqiure special rubber pieces and you'll be lucky to find ANY parts for them.

But you could try Steele Rubber products. They have very good quality as far as aftermarket goes. Never tried them, but they're a little on the pricey side. No need to get T-top rubber from them. Weird thing is they don't seem to have hardtop roof rail weatherstrips. Odd.

I have absolutely NO idea if the C&C tops are similar to the 82-92 Camaro/Firebird C&C tops, but this place has weatherstripping for those. NOT for Cutlass. If the tops are the same size, which I have no idea, you could make your own Frankenstein pieces. Of course, it's going to be expensive regardless of how you do it, I'm afraid.

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
Anyone knows where I can get weather stripping kit
Restoring 1986 cutlass salon. want weather stripping complete kit (including door glass)
Also have CARS AND COCEPT T-Tops. Need weather stripping.
I prefer not to get a part here and there.
I would look up A&M SoffSeal. I only buy weather strip from them. 8 years ago, I bought a set of window weatherstrip for a '76 Monte Carlo from Steele Rubber products. It came in a "Metro" labeled box and the fit was garbage. I trashed it, reordered from Soffseal and it fit like factory. I'm SoffSeal customer for life after that experience.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
DO NOT USE SOFF SEAL FOR REGAL/CUTLASS DOOR GASKETS. They have the wrong ends. Unless they somehow miraculously fixed them since I last bought them. The ends don't fit right and pull away from the door when closed. They don't fit for sh*t. Never again. Not sure about the rest of their lineup, so I can't speak ill of those. But the door seals? :puke:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
ok so im also going to be buying a complete set of gaskets including factory t-top seals. is there a set that would be recommended to cover that request? dont mean to hyjack the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor