Weatherstrip Install Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Looking to do new weatherstripping on my 78 wagon. The original stripping is trashed. I have never done weatherstripping before. Looks and seems to be fairly an easy but time consuming task. Any trick to remove the old ones and install the new ones? Im wanting to do this before I put my carpet in. Also im needing the outer door window strips. Does anyone know who sells just the outer? Everywhere i look its for inner and outer for all 4 doors. Just need the outer. Thanks again for all the help.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Dixie also sells just the outers sweeps as well..
As for doing the weather stripping, it's not difficult. Metro even includes directions. You'll also have to pickup a tube of 3M weatherstrip adhesive.

Reactions: 1 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Dixie also sells just the outers sweeps as well..
As for doing the weather stripping, it's not difficult. Metro even includes directions. You'll also have to pickup a tube of 3M weatherstrip adhesive.

You have a link for the outer? All I see is the inner and outer for the wagons. Im sure im looking in the wrong place.

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT
You have a link for the outer? All I see is the inner and outer for the wagons. Im sure im looking in the wrong place.

We currently do not sell the outer felts for the wagons by themselves and when you see pricing it may make sense why. We can order just the outers and those would retail for $116.95 whereas the full set is 131.95. for the 15.00 difference, it makes sense just to replace all of the seals for most guys.

With that being said if you really would like just the outers, you can give us a call and I will order them for you.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I could kind of see why he would want to do just the outers. They seem to become more brittle, weather beaten and compromised than the inner sweeps.
In fact, I only replaced the outers on mine. The inners were still pliable.

Reactions: 1 user

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I could kind of see why he would want to do just the outers. They seem to become more brittle, weather beaten and compromised than the inner sweeps.
In fact, I only replaced the outers on mine. The inners were still pliable.

Yea my outer's are gone, the inner are almost perfect shape for being 39 years old. still very pliable. thats they only reason why i didnt need or want the inners. But the price for just the outer's make no sense. prolly buy the whole set and maybe sell the inners is someone needs them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, for the slight difference in price, it probably pays to purchase the whole set.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor