weatherstripping. metro or soffseal

Status
Not open for further replies.

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
I am looking to replace all the door weatherstripping on my wagon. looking at both metro and soffseal. is one brand better then the other or are they pretty much the same quality?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ed,
I went with the Metro door seals. They had been recommended by several different people. Although I haven't installed them yet, they do seem like a quality product.
My friend bought a Soff-seal trunk seal for his Cutlass Salon. He said it was junk and ended up throwing it out. He said it was too hard and the trunk didn't close properly with it.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Soff seal is junk, I bought a set of lower door seals. They fit terrible, since I bought them at carisle I would have to return them to that vendor...in the garbage

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Neither, OEM GM is the only stuff that fits correctly. Aftermarket can't mold weatherstripping for these cars worth a damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor