Website question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
Is rock auto a safe place to order parts from? I'm trying to order front left and right upper control arm for my Monte Carlo .
What are some good websites

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I have probably bought a couple thousand dollars worth of parts from rock auto for various cars. They have a good selection and ship fast. I have also found if they don't have something, it is probably cheaper someplace else and they couldn't match the other guys price.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
I have probably bought a couple thousand dollars worth of parts from rock auto for various cars. They have a good selection and ship fast. I have also found if they don't have something, it is probably cheaper someplace else and they couldn't match the other guys price.
I was wondering because I saw a couple of bad reviews for the website

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
They aren't amazon prime, where you order a part at 5 til noon on a Sunday and it shows up at 5 PM later that afternoon with no sales tax and the box says it was shipped to Texas from Las Vegas, but when I was redoing the suspension on my Jaguar, they had parts Autozone/Oreilliy/etc didn't carry... and when Rockauto stops carrying something, that is the signal to search the internet or E-bay.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I have only had one bad part show up, and it was six years ago when they were liquidating warehouses. Due to an error on their webpage, they sent me (I ordered) the wrong mirror. It was a $30 part, and they just sent me the right one without exchange or charge. I have ordered thousands of dollars of parts and the best part is that you can buy brand names you trust, while AutoZone sells you store label crap that may or may not be Chinese. For five bucks more you can have it in a gold box, too. I have learned to take a zen moment and just wait for the box to show up at my door. It's also amazing that their stuff seems to magically show up on a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning, just when I need it!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Oh, I forgot the other thing Rockauto does, If a part kind of fits, they say it fits (and sell it cheaper). On my Jag, the front calipers are used on other cars that have thinner rotors (so would have thicker brake pads with the same backing plate).

I put on new rotors and even with the caliper clamped open to the max, I couldn't get the pads over the caliper, so I had to grind a chamfer in the pads so they would slide onto the disks. They were great ceramic brake pads for 13" brakes for $9/set and it just took a few minutes to fix, so I didn't complain, but the actual Jag pads were thinner and $27.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
As the other guys said, don't be afraid to order from them. I've ordered my ACC carpet, window sweeps, brake parts, etc over the past couple years. They don't do free shipping, but the shipping is reasonable and they get the stuff to you're door quick!

I actually have a shopping cart list right now on their site for blazer rotors/pads, and misc stuff i will order soon.

The only issue I've personally ran into was the black outer door handles i ordered last year....there are some minor paint imperfections in them (mfg fault, not rockauto), but i planned on scuffing them anyway to "satinize" them. At $4.60/handle i can't complain when everyone else wants $15 or more.

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
Even here in Canada I order from them because even with shipping it's usually a lot cheaper then any of the local part stores. The only problem I've ever heard was one time my buddy ordered from them and the postal service lost it his package, no fault of Rock auto.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I have ordered brake pads, front end parts, assorted tune up parts over the years from them with no issues.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor