Weed in Michigan and insurance rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Well lets hope everyone that campaigned (& won) on lower rates can come through.

$500 every 6 months for minimum coverage on a shitbox is getting real old, when I lived downstate a ton of people would register their cars through friends or family in Indiana and pay less than 1/2.

The Rs had a chance to lower young voter turnout (and help their chances) by passing legalization this summer and they dropped the ball.

Also, at the expense of my friends and neighbors, most of the walmart trash I saw in line was clearly not there to vote blue either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited to add, highest in the nation rates already, by far I believe

Reactions: 1 user

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Wait, is there some type of data that shows that marijuana users cause more traffic accidents than non-marijuana users?

is this just for people who are actively smoking when they crash?

I don't have data, but I think that distracted driving, most notably cell phone usage while driving, is the worst thing in the world. I saw a chick going 80mph with her phone in front of her steering wheel, drifting into my lane. I've been in the car with someone smoking weed at least 500 times in my life and there was never an accident.

I'm just happy that less people will be arrested for this nonsense. Next up...let me have my tinted windows in peace.

oh yea...let's be clear...the "walmart Trash" aren't the only people using marijuana. Not at all. And as soon as companies start removing marijuana from mandatory drug testing....it's going to be very lively out here.

Reactions: 1 users

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI

"Surprisingly, given the alarming results of cognitive studies, most marijuana-intoxicated drivers show only modest impairments on actual road tests.37, 38 Experienced smokers who drive on a set course show almost no functional impairment under the influence of marijuana, except when it is combined with alcohol.39 "

"Some reviewers have concluded that there is no evidence that cannabis alone increases the risk of culpability for crashes, and may actually reduce risk.66 Drummer’s review of blood samples of traffic fatalities in Australia found that drivers testing positive for marijuana were actually less likely to have been judged responsible for the accident "

well...I mean....

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
"Surprisingly, given the alarming results of cognitive studies, most marijuana-intoxicated drivers show only modest impairments on actual road tests.37, 38 Experienced smokers who drive on a set course show almost no functional impairment under the influence of marijuana, except when it is combined with alcohol.39 "

"Some reviewers have concluded that there is no evidence that cannabis alone increases the risk of culpability for crashes, and may actually reduce risk.66 Drummer’s review of blood samples of traffic fatalities in Australia found that drivers testing positive for marijuana were actually less likely to have been judged responsible for the accident "

well...I mean....

if you read the full report.....

3.3.1.2 Studies that show culpability
Several studies have found that cannabis users are more likely to be responsible for crashes (OR 1.7).8082 Crouch found that marijuana use contributed to the demise of 168 fatally-injured truckers in all cases in which the serum concentration of THC exceeded 1 ng/mL.83 Terhune’s study of 497 road traffic accidents found that cannabis users had a responsibility rate of 76% versus 42.5% for the control group.84

In summary, laboratory tests and driving studies show that cannabis may acutely impair several driving-related skills

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Drunks run stops signs, Potheads wait for them to turn green.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor