Weird battery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
After I run my car the battery is drained and can't turn over the starter. The battery is a 2 2/2 years old. I recharged the battery with a big charger and got the car started. Performed a load test on it and it is on the weak side of the scale. While the engine was running I also used the load tester on the charging system and it checked out. Shut the motor off, after 5 minutes went to restart it and the battery was too low again. Guess the battery isn't holding a charge anymore? Car wasn't running too well either which failing batteries can cause.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
sounds like the battery but it didn't last long if it 2 1/2 years old. Any warranty left on it?

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
In the heat out here in AZ, I was surprised how weird battery life can be. I had a few batteries last 5-6 years and a few lower priced ones go after a few years like yourself.

I was lucky, or unlucky depending how you look at, and always had a year or two left on the warranty to help save a few bucks on the new one.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
It has a 3 year warranty, cheap Wal-Mart battery. It got discharged once from sitting over a really bad winter which probably damaged it. Had a solar trickle charger on it but was not enough. My Dad's truck also had a battery that died by 3 years, it was a Wal-Mart one too.

I had a Wal-Mart battery last 8 years on my tractor, next one only lasted 4. Guess the quality is going down.

406 Monte

Greasemonkey
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
I have a interstate in my pickup that has been in there 14+ yrs, and that's outside in Minnesota winters. Put it in back 2001 or 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor