weird feeling after 3500rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.

79cutlasssalon442

Master Mechanic
Jan 25, 2012
I have a 305 that is pretty healthy. When it climbs past 3000-3500 it has a weird kicking feeling. Im not too sure on how to describe it. Like the tach doesnt jump but it has a slight buck to it. It was happening when i had my th350 and now with my 700r4. When it first happened i thought it was the road but it wasnt. I had .75 jets in my holley 750 and now i have .74's because i was running a little more rich than i wanted but that didnt change how the engine acts. Any ideas?

Emdmechanic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2012
Mobile,AL.
Sounds like your ignition could be breaking up . Could be a ignition module taking a crap . I had a brand new one do something similar . OR if its heavy acceleration, you could be losing fuel , incorrect float setting or something similar . Seemed like you were leaning towards a transmission issue ... but it wouldnt transfer to another transmission. everything else in the drive line that would cause bucking at 3500 would more than likely cause it at any rpm. My first guess would be ignition... even if its new dosent mean its good. And second i would look at a fuel starvation issue after that.

Emdmechanic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2012
Mobile,AL.
After reading the post again... When you say healthy ....do you mean in good shape or built ? a 750 carb is way overkill on a 305.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor