1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird/Odd cars in Mint Condition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrSony, Aug 7, 2017.

1. MrSony

MrSony Comic Book Super Hero

I follow Jeff Duhham on facebook and he did a live video of a MINT '76 Grand Le Mans Sport Coupe that he bought recently. It's one of those cars that you never really pay any mind to, but once you see one in just the right color or configuration, it makes you actually want one.

Plus that green paint is just amazingly bad.

So, have you guys ever seen/bought a kind of "out there" car just because it was super nice?

Yes, I know a pontiac le mans isn't super rare or quirky, but you hardly ever see them anymore.

• Like Like x 4
  2. thunderball

thunderball Greasemonkey

i saw a really sharp low mileage 76 skylark which made me want one recently. i couldnt find any for sale. the late 70's cars seem to have really disappeared.

i love green cars my first car i rode in as a kid was a hideous green 70's buick

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jeff L

Jeff L Master Mechanic

Thanks for posting? That is a really neat car.

I can recall many times as a kid how families had that second car that rarely was used. My Aunt had a gold colored 68 chevy with a 307 that she used maybe a few times a month to go to the store. That car was with her for decades and I think they sold it when she could no longer drive. It had rust issues but it was well maintained and I am sure not a bunch of miles. Someone got a good original "grandma" car.

A few of my friends moms had their own cars when I was a kid and again were rarely used. Like Jeff D mentioned the owner of the green car had a blowout that scared her and the car was parked for all them years.

I use to enjoy going to the dealerships when you could see the rows and rows of cars and if they had that oddball color combo you use to be able to get a good deal if it sat on the lot for a long time. A guy I worked with always bought the ugliest looking cars because he got killer deals on them. One of them was this bright yellow car with a poop brown interior. It was hideous but like he said it was as good as anything else and he saved some money. It was probably a one of one and worth a ton of money if it was around today! lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Texas82GP

Texas82GP Comic Book Super Hero
    Silver

Video says unavailable?

5. UNGN

UNGN Royal Smart Person

I wonder if the car originally had Firestone 500's. It was right around this time they were blowing out and 12K miles is about right, since they had a manufacturing defect.

We had one blowout on a family trip to Californian in 1976.

6. oldmansmonte

oldmansmonte Master Mechanic

Ha, AAA Western NY. Jim Culligan. That car was bought down the road from here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MrSony

Not for me, I also tried it in incognito so it works without being logged in. Weird. It should just take you to the facebook login page but still play the video.

8. 79 USA 1

79 USA 1 Master Mechanic

Almost purchased a triple 'That Green' V-6 No options 81 Grand Prix from Culligan. It did have a heater, 4 matching tires and wire wheel covers. But after seeing it in the bright sunlight, just could not see myself driving it... let alone going from a 69 Buick Skylark with a 350 to a V-6.
    Purchased my 79 Monte Carlo about 3 weeks later.

9. Texas82GP

Texas82GP Comic Book Super Hero
    Silver

Works now. Cool car. I like that body style.

10. MrSony

I've come to like the 73-77 GM cars. My dream build right now is actually a '73 Buick century, much like this one, with a 455/TH400 combo. But I wouldn't kick that pontiac out of the garage.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3