weird problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
hello all i am mounting my body on the frame and at the rear the back 4 mounts in the trunk are being odd so there is 4 holes and i am using new mounts and one hole touches other does not then it is opposite on the other side. can i use shims and long bolts or will that cause driving issues. the two that are touch are diagonal to each other then the two that are not touching are the same

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
If I understand you correctly, two of the holes in the frame are tight to the body while there is a gap between the body and frame for the other two.

From what I have read, this is just due to the frame being fairly flexible although I would double check that you don't have anything between the frame and body just to be sure. You should be able to slowly snug the bolts up to close the gap. I would be especially careful when doing this if the nut cages in the body may be rusty.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor