Weird Regal Factory Interior Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Bored and late at night, I stumbled across these odd Regal interior combos. The first one that caught my eye was the "Royal Blue" with what I call the "boomerang" steering wheel and a console shifter. This is almost exactly the same as my wagon interior except for the console shifter.
8066562890_54f763f565_z.jpg

The other one that struck me as odd was a T-Type with the 3-spoke "sport" steering wheel but a column shifter. This gives me hope that I'll be able to mix and match components to built the interior look I want.
0607htp_05_z%2B1987_buick_regal%2Binterior.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I wouldn't call the interiors weird, just not the typical pillow type interiors that I'm not a real big fan of. My regal is the same as the blue one you have pictured - my plain jane regal had a vinyl (simulated leather) interior - I loved the interior in my LJ

IMG_4104.JPG
IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_4947.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Call me weird, but I’ve become a fan of the 3-spoke with the column shifter. Now it’s just a matter of if I’m going to keep the split bench or put in front buckets.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
lilbowtie, question on the buckets in your Regal. Are those high-backs, or have a movable headrest like the later GN’s? If I can find seat cores, and the matching (or close) upholstery material, that’s a tempting option.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Mine are the removable head rest. Those steering wheels came in quite a few Buicks not just the GN

If I do end up doing a console & buckets, I may do a custom one, since the original ones didn't have cupholders.

That's why you have someone with you "hold my beer and watch this"

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Those steering wheels came in quite a few Buicks not just the GN.

Yeah, I had one from a Riviera on my eBay watch list. Ended up with the winning bid on a semi-roached one. Probably over-paid, but the I think the surface rust on the back of the spokes will probably rub out.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Years ago I had a Regal that was blue and beige 2 tone and so was the interior I thought it was well different I think it was called a summerset? Nice car had a 307 olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor