Nov 12, 2015
mpls
wow, can we see more of this?

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I will have to pull up and post some more shots, didn't get a whole lot before i put it up for the winter last week, kinda a rush thing lol thanks for your likes everyone!

Reactions: 3 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
beautiful car, would love to see more on this as well!

funny thing is, when I was younger, I was confused on this body style. I thought they were different enough from everythng else on the road to be kinda cool, but just as ugly as a summer day is long. a neighbor down the street even had a buttless 442 that I liked and hated at the same time. nowadays I find myself really wanting one from the Buick family....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
beautiful car, would love to see more on this as well!

funny thing is, when I was younger, I was confused on this body style. I thought they were different enough from everythng else on the road to be kinda cool, but just as ugly as a summer day is long. a neighbor down the street even had a buttless 442 that I liked and hated at the same time. nowadays I find myself really wanting one from the Buick family....
Appreciate the kind words! I will post more today and tell a little bit of history on it too! :)

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Greetings everyone! I just posted more pics of this rare 1979 Buick Century Turbo Coupe. Pics were taken a few weeks ago just after I was done washing the exterior, and PRIOR to cleaning the interior. Its truly a well preserved survivor considering its 40th birthday was this year. The vehicle has just over 50K on it and needs some tlc of coarse. I did a tune up 1st thing with it, and it now runs 100%! I have the original window sticker and build sheet and signed title from the ORIGINAL owner. If you notice, the car is lacking the decals on the deck lid and quarter panels ect, due to the original owner had clear coat applied over the original lacquer paint, and of coarse the clear coat is bad now and peeling like crazy in spots. BUT its one of the nicest survivors out there considering they only made 61 Century Turbo Coupes in 1979, pretty rare car to say the least. The window sticker shows that the chrome wheels were an option and added like a $60 charge, and the polly turbine wheels that were original equipment on the 79 CTC were deleted off. The seats were extra charge too, buckets/ and he special ordered the color combo which I love. Just a truly neat car. As i was washing it outside that sunny day, my neighbor stopped and the first thing out of his mouth was, "what the heck is this thing?" lol he is a car enthusiast and never even see or heard of one before. He went over it top to bottom and was taken back. I added a floor pan picture of the undercarriage, its totally rust free under there! Thanks for your like and interest, feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have. Have a wonderful day!

Reactions: 5 users

79centurytc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2015
Great find. It looks like as nice or better than mine. Make sure you check out my Facebook page for the 78-80 Century & the Cutlass Salon. Just type 1979 Buick Century Turbo Coupe & you'll find it easily.

Attachments

• 2009bcaregional.jpg
    2009bcaregional.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor