Well its not a gbody Cutlass, but its a project to have fun working on.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
So buddy at work texted me. "hey I heard you missed getting a project car during one of our meetings. My brother has a car hes looking to sell. Not sure if you would be interested.'

I asked, sure, what is it. "Its a 1987 Corvette".

Hmmm, not really my thing. How much does he want for it. "2k".

Ill take it. lol

"Really? you havent even seen it"

Well 2k for a Vette, why not. :D Any pics?

He said "yeah, 87, 4spd, runs and drives. Just has clutch issues and needs some work here and there."

Here is what I brought home. (pics attached)

I have already fixed the shifting issue, had to bleed the hydraulic clutch master and slave. Spent last Sunday doing that and doing a deep clean. Took it for a drive and man its a absolute blast. hahahh

Attachments

• 87 Vette.jpg
    87 Vette.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 87 Vette interior.jpg
    87 Vette interior.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 87 Vette engine.jpg
    87 Vette engine.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Winner
Reactions: 13 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
You stole that ****, had been looking at them for a bit since they have a turquoise but prices have got up pretty steeply lately on those

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
Thanks, yeah I have been looking for a Cutlass or 442 but wont pay those outrageous prices ppl are asking for them now. Ran across this, figured why not, for the price I can do anything I want to it and have fun. :)

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My dad had the twin to that about 30 years ago. I remember really liking the 4+3 but the rev limiter was too easy to find. I'd love to find one for $2k. Sadly, nice C4s are few and far between now.

Reactions: 1 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Nice. I see oodles of $6k C4 on the market. Nice score. I hear they are a blast to drive.

justdandy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 20, 2022
well that's sweet ride!!!!. For the folks into the tuned port system, I have a project putting that C-4 motor and computer into my '74 Nova. Yea all us gear nuts troll all the sites. I want to use the C-4 intake system, FI rails ,bigger injectors, After market AL heads for increase flow, stroke it to a 383. Thinking small blower also.
Without the blower I'd keep the 4+3, but I like the TH4004R less chance for error with the huffer.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
technically wonderful but not for a 'Vette
Yup was more of an over drive thing for light cruising.

I have a modded C5Z06, this is the body style I like. 🤘

20230203_150326.jpg

SIDE SHOT.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor