Well sold my T Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I actually had a friend with a Volvo P-1800E wagon back in the '70's....yeah, I know, I'm an old fart...lol! I also had friends with P-1800 coupes. They were cool cars as well. You never see them anymore. The wagon version is a rare bird, and I can count the amount of those I've seen in a lifetime on one hand.
No, I've never seen a Porsche 944 wagon conversion, but I bet they are cool. I'll have to Google it.
When I was in highschool in the early 2000's I had a shop teacher that had a bunch of really cool cars. One was a P1800 coupe with a mustang 5.0 and a T5 in it, that was a very very cool car.

He also had a DeLorean, and an mid 70's armored/bulletproof/bombproof Mercedes Stretch limousine. He had some other cool stuff too, he was building an Adam West era batmobile with twin Cadillac 500's and TH425 eldorado transmissions one in front, one in the back. Although I never saw it finished or even move under it's own power.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Your old shop teacher was quite a creative guy with quite an imagination. I've never seen or heard of a V-8 conversion in a P-1800...with a T5....now that's a cool vehicle.
My first job out of high school was a parts driver for a local Ford dealer. The service manager had a '60's Ford Cortina with a 390 Ford V-8 in it. It looked completely stock on the outside, except for a small hood scoop to clear the carb.
As far as Volvo V-8 conversions. Years back I met a guy that was very into the 215 aluminum Rover/ Buick/ Olds V-8's He was building a Volvo P-544 with a 215 for a customer....also a Henry J that was 215 powered. Seeing V-8's in Volvo 142's and 145 wagons was more common.
I like unusual engine swaps in different type vehicles.

Reactions: 1 user

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Your old shop teacher was quite a creative guy with quite an imagination. I've never seen or heard of a V-8 conversion in a P-1800...with a T5....now that's a cool vehicle.
My first job out of high school was a parts driver for a local Ford dealer. The service manager had a '60's Ford Cortina with a 390 Ford V-8 in it. It looked completely stock on the outside, except for a small hood scoop to clear the carb.
As far as Volvo V-8 conversions. Years back I met a guy that was very into the 215 aluminum Rover/ Buick/ Olds V-8's He was building a Volvo P-544 with a 215 for a customer....also a Henry J that was 215 powered. Seeing V-8's in Volvo 142's and 145 wagons was more common.
I like unusual engine swaps in different type vehicles.

A Cortina with a 390 must have been a brute of a car!

I've always wanted a Henry J gasser style hot rod... I've got an old SBC hillborn injection manifold and a vertex magneto (vacuum packed so it doesn't corrode) in my attic that I want to use one day on a project like that.

And yeah he was a pretty cool guy, he taught electronics, photography (funny they still used film back then, now I'm starting to feel old LoL), and auto repair. His classes and my history/social studies teacher taught the only classes I actually didn't hate. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor