What A Difference

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks to windows 10 killing tapa drivers in their upgrade this past summer my phone answering program would no longer answer calls so I had to take one of my computers to load win 7 so I could run the program. That was my backup computer which was always updated with new files since I have a 4 disk synology NAS. So since I was down one computer I decided to build another one. The pc I was working on was an AMD A8 cpu and the one I built I have the Ryzen 5 2400d on a ASRock MB and threw that in a new case with a new ps and what a difference in the speed. I was so happy I went out and bought a 32" curved monitor....The computer stuff is so cheap at this time of year......:banana:

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
i think that the hard drives have more effect on performance for what most folks use their computers for --- surfing the internet.

i assume you've got a solid state hard drive? m.2 inferface?

i'm sporting a laptop over 10 years old right now, you wouldnt know it though with the SSD. the SSD's are a game changer.

love those asrock motherboards too -- thats the only brand i buy for single cpu socket boards.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a new 1 tb Western Digital SSD with another HD 1 tb to put all the data on. I have a 2 tb hybrid HD on my two other computers buyt they have been running for 3 or 4 years. The ASRock MB only cost me $70 with all the discounts, its a B450M pro4

one other thing is I put a pci wifi/bluetooth cards in two of my computers and running them on wifi my internet speed increase, not by much but that surprised me

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor