What a Waste of a SS396 Chevelle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/cto/846430037.html

Yes, the car is for sale, but honestly it is probably ruined. It has obviously sat for years with no windshield or front clip. The carb is open to the elements which means the block is probably trashed. It also has a bent frame and was wrecked so bad that it broke the transmission case.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Would be good for a parts car.

I think it's funny what the write up says:

"This car was wrecked in 1974 by the owners wife with 57000 miles and has been parked ever since."

Don't let your wife drive the fast car lol.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Also: "The Car Has Been Sitting With the Doors Closed..." what they fail to mention in that sentence is it has no windshield... kinda negates the doors being closed , huh?

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Also: "The Car Has Been Sitting With the Doors Closed..." what they fail to mention in that sentence is it has no windshield... kinda negates the doors being closed , huh?

lmao
And those doors being closed would have helped keep the water in rust it out even more.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Then again, it is "very restorable". Compared to what? The Tulsa Oklahoma 1957 Belvedere?

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Then again, it is "very restorable". Compared to what? The Tulsa Oklahoma 1957 Belvedere?

OMG that was so sad. I would kill for one of those cars. And they totally ruined it. I guess that's what happens when you don't think ahead lol.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Oh come on now, you southern guys are so spoiled... :D
By Minnesota standards, that's a pretty nice project car, although it's a bit too pricey.
We do restoration at the shop I work at, and we've restored way worse than that... We shouldn't have, but we did...
That being said, you're still better off buying the cleanest car you can find.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
very low reserve?......i missed the memo where craigslist was an auction website. haha. yeah interesting one here

R/T kota

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2007
Hamilton Ontario
It may be a rotted piece of sh*t but I bet the numbers all match on that car.
You buy that car, find a decent 70 chevelle 307 car or what ever you find, Swap the vin and cowl tag, swap what ever salvageable SS pieces, rebuild the block, and now you have a matching numbers SS 396 70 chevelle.
Whats that worth?

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
someone is trying to cash in and has just watched Barrett Jackson.

that car which is probably the 350 horse motor to which they made thousands. too bad it's not an L78 or L89.

the only thing going for it is the color. i've never ever seen a green/green SS. green/black, green/white yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor