What am I missing on this auction? Has to be shill bidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
So I have seen this car on craigslist for over a year, and now its on ebay.

There is nothing there worth what the bid is up to. Your thoughts?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Seems the cars could be ANYWHERE. Not sure if just a clearinghouse deal or wtf is going on with this. Mainly seems to sell campers/RVs, but several classics and oddball cars/trucks. Some for reasonable $$, some for insanity prices. Must be trying to get ahead of inflation.

I agree, I think that Olds has some shill bidding going on, or Jimmy the Idiot Boy has hit the lottery.
JimmyMemberClubhouse_large.jpg

Same seller, odd pricing:

Restored with 50+K miles?? Wtf? How the heck you restore a 2018? Then ask that sort of change? Didn't read, didn't want to find out, so there's that.

No. Nice car, bad pricing. They'll be keeping this one unless someone is truly stupid.

Hmmm. Interesting, nonetheless.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The REAL bidding stopped at $2500, all subsuquent bids were the same "1 feedback" bidder

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The REAL bidding stopped at $2500, all subsuquent bids were the same "1 feedback" bidder
In order to do that many bids, though to drive the price up like that, I think the 12 feedback bidder drove it to the 11's forcing the 1 feedbacker bidder to keep going until he jumped the hurdle to be in the lead. Just a guess. I don't care. Someone's going to be paying through the nose for that car for no good reason. Even at $2500 that's about the limit I'd go, based on the conditions I can see, IMO. But what do I know? Maybe there's some gold coins in the trunk.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
For that amount of money I expect zero rust. I don't care if its zero miles with that amount of rust damage its a low value car. Perhaps just parts car condition.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
For that amount of money I expect zero rust.
No rust at ALL for $2500? In the current car market with the chip shortages and inflation, and from a northern state of all places where salt is a possibility?

I don’t see that happening.

Why? Like property, these old cars will only go up in value. This isn’t 20 years ago, when there was plenty of them for sale and cheap.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
No rust at ALL for $2500? In the current car market with the chip shortages and inflation, and from a northern state of all places where salt is a possibility?

I don’t see that happening.

Why? Like property, these old cars will only go up in value. This isn’t 20 years ago, when there was plenty of them for sale and cheap.
He was talking about the 11K plus money it currently sits at, I believe.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor