What are Monte SS aluminum rims worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I just acquired a set of aluminum Monte SS rims with center caps and no tires and wondering what a fair asking price is for these..
And yes I know "They are worth what someone is willing to pay" but looking for a good starting price.
I will post some pictures tomorrow along with what they were in.;)

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Those aren't worth the cost of shipping out of your pocket when you donate & ship them to me.:rofl:

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Those aren't worth the cost of shipping out of your pocket when you donate & ship them to me.:rofl:
It sounds like it is still out of my pocket.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Around here, a decent set go for 200 bucks. With nice center caps, a little more.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Around here, a decent set go for 200 bucks. With nice center caps, a little more.
The guy I got them from thought he could get $200 for them including the caps but I got them in a package price.

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Pictures?? They just the raw aluminum ones or anodized or polished? The version that had the square slots in them?? Have a set of my own sitting on the rack and getting dusty because, if memory serves, they are 14" and I elected to go with 15" Malibu style steel rims instead just to get a little more ground clearance; the roads around here suck. All that aside, 2-3 hun is about ball park.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
They are 15 x 7 rims.

20200105_114357-1_resized.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Pictures?? They just the raw aluminum ones or anodized or polished? The version that had the square slots in them?? Have a set of my own sitting on the rack and getting dusty because, if memory serves, they are 14" and I elected to go with 15" Malibu style steel rims instead just to get a little more ground clearance; the roads around here suck. All that aside, 2-3 hun is about ball park.

I believe the wheels 565bbchevy is referring to are the N90 wheels from the 86-88 Monte Carlo SS.
N90.jpg

Sounds like the wheels you are describing are the 81-88 Monte Carlo Checkerboards which did come on the Mexican SS. They are a 14x6.5 wheel.
Checkerboards.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Okay. Do appreciate the pictures. What my ride came with was what you call the checkerboard 14's and since the vin tag says it was built in Arlington, Texas, calling them "Mexican" sort of makes sense. The other set in the picture I do recall, only they were on an El Camino and the owner claimed they came as a part number for a Camaro. His back story was that he had to order them special to get the correct back set to fit the Elky's wheel wells. Not sure now if my range of 2-3 hundred for the set in question is correct. Being only a two year model, they might go higher at maybe 3-4 hundred, again depending on the finish. Buffed and polished and devoid of scratches and dings would certainly fetch a higher price, as would selling them up in the rust belt as opposed to vending below the Mason-Dixon line where road salt is not so common. If I had a budget for baubles and trinkets I'd be inclined to give them some consideration but money is tight right now, (like ain't it always) and my Malibu steelies will do the job just fine for now.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor