what are these...ecm? heater? A/C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
V-6 buick to SBO 350... these wire are coming from the passenger side....what do they do and where do they go?...my guess is that they came off the starter solenoid...but not sure. Any help is much appreciated...

002.jpg

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I don't know squat about the V6 wring, but maybe they're for the ECM ground?

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
they do look like the starter wires to me

azmalibuwagon

Master Mechanic
Sep 18, 2009
Phoenix
X2, looks like starter wires - IIRC,one goes to the alternator, one to the ignition switch, I forget where the other one goes...

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
car starts, runs, charging...so I can only guess they are for something not related to those things. However, the blower motor wont come on at all...but it does work with 12volts applied to it. also the window motors dont wanna move the windows anymore...idk

The v-6 starter is on the passenger side on buick engines and these wires seem to be dirty enough that they would have been down in that area. I didnt take my engine out, so these werent labeled when the motor was pulled. I labeled all the other wires that were important. Thanks for the thoughts...

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
Most likely grounds for the ECM. Those match the ground wires on my blazer with the star washers. If you got rid of the ECM they shouldn't matter. Use either a test light or a multimeter and check to see if they are powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor