What are you guys doing for vapor barriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
What are you guys doing for vapor barriers inside the doors? I have my original paper vapor barriers, but they aren't in the greatest of shape and probably weren't the best to begin with. I was thinking if getting some 2 mil plastic (I may even have some) from home Depot and using the paper barriers as a template to cut out some new ones from the plastic. I'm not sure what the best way to attach them would be? I could use a spray adhesive and stick them on, or just use some type of tape and attach them that way. What has everyone else done?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The strip caulk works well for plastic or paper and since it stays pliable it is easy to remove your vapor barrier for access in the door if needed and you can just push it back on when you are done.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And yeah, the strip caulk is how it is done like it should have been to begin with. But they also augmented it with that black paper tape crap that dried up normally. :)

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I've used clear Mylar that I picked up at a local fabric store, Wally world (Sorry....Walmart) may also have it in their craft and fabric area. The strip calk is the way to go.....Home Depot should have it with their household air conditioning and sealing products.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Bubble gum and garbage bags.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
I have plenty of strip caulk. The classic industries ones are nice but $25 is a little steep for a couple sheets of plastic, a whole roll at HD is only like $15. I think I can reuse my jute padding. I gotta go to the auto body supply place and get some amber rustproofing to spray inside the doors first before I put the panels on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor