REGAL What backspacing do I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greekfreak5757

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2020
I have a 85 Buick Regal and I wanna put a 15x10 rim in the back I have the frame notched out and am wondering what backspacing I would need

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
If you have a current wheel that fits, use it to measure your specific set-up.

Get the back-spacing dimensions from a known wheel/tire combo (even a narrower combo works to have a starting point). With it in place, use a tape measure & straight edges to do some measuring. Use the dimensions of the smaller combo w/the measurements to calculate what's optimum for your specific set-up vs. what 'Joe' has.

Reactions: 2 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
You can to it mathematically but you need to know what tire your going to use to get the section width to figure in.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
You can to it mathematically but you need to know what tire your going to use to get the section width to figure in.
Very true.

If you use a known/current/on-hand combo, you'll know which way the fudge factor needs to lean when doing the math calcs.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
My 82 has 15x10s 4.5 BS with 28/10.5/15s ,if you notch it they will fit 15x10 with 5.5 BS for the tucked look which I'm getting ready to obtain

Reactions: 1 users

Greekfreak5757

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2020
My 82 has 15x10s 4.5 BS with 28/10.5/15s ,if you notch it they will fit 15x10 with 5.5 BS for the tucked look which I'm getting ready to obtain
Ya I have 28x10.5-15 slicks am just wondering what backspacing I should use

Greekfreak5757

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2020
If you have a current wheel that fits, use it to measure your specific set-up.

Get the back-spacing dimensions from a known wheel/tire combo (even a narrower combo works to have a starting point). With it in place, use a tape measure & straight edges to do some measuring. Use the dimensions of the smaller combo w/the measurements to calculate what's optimum for your specific set-up vs. what 'Joe' has.
I have a 28x10.5-15 slick on my car right now with a 15x8 rim with center offset but I want that filled wheel well look

Greekfreak5757

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2020
I want the slick to be flush with the lip of the fender so I assume I should get a 15x10 rim with 4.5 backspacing correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor