What color looks best on a 81 to 88 G Body Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernhard

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
Would like to know what everyone thinks is the best color or colors for the Olds 2dr G body ? I think black interior black exterior. I am thinking of painting my car aztec gold color code 75 what do you think of gold good idea or a poor choice ? Thanks. Bernhard

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
I say go with whatever color you want. The blue that is on my cutlass that I picked up, I personally love, as do many others, but I see some comments from people that they hate it.

If you think you may like the gold, go for it.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
if you search google and ebay a lot you'll see many nice colored cutlasses,i have a dozen two tone pics on my computer of cutlasses i've found over the years,i also seen a gold 86 cutlass salon on ebay about a year ago,looked pretty nice with that color,definitely would stand out and make the cutlass look more rare than the plain white or black one you tend to see a lot.I prefer burgundy,two tone light blue over dark blue or just dark metallic blue.Check out my cutlass and you'll see why i like burgundy cutlasses so much.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Black on black buddy. #1. Nothing beats it in terms of bad *ss. I'd suggest black exterior with chrome accents. Black interior too -- it kills. :wink:

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Brown FTW!! Mine is Dark Briar Brown. I wasn't sure at first, but now I love it...
IMG_1830.jpg

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Go with a nice bright color...something that no one is using on the street. You want to be noticed (at least I like being noticed) and if you do a two tone paint job, don't do two bright colors or two dark colors. Go with one bright and one dark. I did a two tone with two dark colors and that was a mistake.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
In my opinion, on an Olds or Buick, you want to stick with darker colors or white. Dark blues, Maroon's, Black, etc. I just don't think the bright reds, yellows, etc. look right on them as opposed to a Monte SS.

Two tones can be a tough one to pull off on a G-body and very few look right. At least on a Cutlass its tough due to the verticle rear tail lights. There's no really good way to wrap the two tone around the back.
A Regal is easier because of the horizontal tail lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor