What did you buy for your G body today? [2016-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
I purchased a Dave Husek 3021 converter with his trans cooler kit and a Cold Case Grand National radiator. Going to order their dual fan setup soon and some stainless reproduction trans lines. Just gathering parts for winter upgrades.

I bought that torque converter last August. I like it alot, because the shifts are much softer in normal driving than with the D-5s I've run forever. One problem I had is that they forgot to tighten the flange that bolts to the flywheel (it's not welded) to the body of the converter which once I found the problem was easy to correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Yea I’m also upgrading from a restalled D5 think it was like 2500 stall speed, I had Vince Janis rebuild the trans this summer and that’s what he put in but recommended I upgrade it when I got a chance to better match my 5858 turbo.

Reactions: 1 user

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Yea I’m also upgrading from a restalled D5 think it was like 2500 stall speed, I had Vince Janis rebuild the trans this summer and that’s what he put in but recommended I upgrade it when I got a chance to better match my 5858 turbo.

I also upgraded my turbo. Like the D-5, I've been running TE44s reliably forever but last year I finally upgraded to a journal bearing Precision 6262. Due to my lack of caution, I quickly blew 3 head gaskets inside of 3 months and lost the use of my stock original short block -- lost oil pressure because the pickup got clogged with head gasket material. :( Luckily I had an extra long block pretty much ready to go in. I had some problems with it but finally got it all straightened out. You know, put engine in, pull engine out. Put engine in.........
biggrin.gif

Reactions: 3 users

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
3 head gaskets in 3 month, you sir are a certified pro now 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
I forgot to mention I replaced the windshield on my GN last month. There was a thread here discussing Safelite windshields. I had wanted to replace the original windshield for a couple years but kept procrastinating. Motivated by information on the G-body thread, I went online at the Safelite site and decided to order it and got 25% off their already good price. The total cost to me was $174 installed. Beautiful windshield and competent installer.

I'm a happy camper!
yup.gif

Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Did I say I took a gamble? I'd say a lost. It was supposed to of been delivered yesterday. :( The pricks never shipped the radiator, never contacted me, burned the coupon to save some money. Now it's time to go thru Fleabay to either get it or my money back. Don't deal with Midway Musclecar.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/midwaymusclecar
Fleabay got something rolling. It's being dropped shipped from West Chester, Pa directly from Cold Case.

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
A house, we bought a house for the Cutlass lol!!! We've been in a rental house for 3 years now, we're super pumped to have our own place again!!! It's only has a 1 car garage, but it's freshly insulated and has heat, but only one dinky lightbulb....for now!!!
Screenshot_20180929-212653.png
20181107_071926.jpg

We closed on it last Friday and have been moving stuff since, should have the Cutty there this weekend. The house backs up to a golf course....here is the view....
20181107_201936.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Oh, forgot to mention my new neighbor builds/races circle track cars!!! Dude has a 26x36 shop with a frame jig in it, and luckily doesn't use metric cars!

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Gwarren79

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
bought a 34mm hollow front sway bar for ....................................................................................$10

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor