What did you buy for your G body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Moved the Cutty to the new house today! Put 8 miles on the car, most miles since 2018. Wanted to move it now as we are supposed to get 10-18 inches of snow Wednesday into Thursday.Half the parts I had in the car and all the parts I had in yard filled my in-laws pickup. I put the header panel and metal bumper back on the front, and the tail lights and plate holder on the back. Ran great, hit 70 a few times while cleaning out the carb with a few WOT pulls. Man I love this car. Can’t wait to get cranking away in the spring.

Reactions: 2 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Wish i could. I know they came on, at least, camaros with 16" wheels. They are plug and play on camaros. Most up here are rusted to the point where they aren't worth rescuing. But, yes they are bolted to and run under the radiator core support in a giant loop. They are used on the return side. One end has an o-ring style ps line fitting and connect to the steering gthe other has a bulge for return line to slip on and held with a crimp band or worm drive clamp. I have not had a chance to try mounting it on the car. Maybe later today. I don't know how much of a temperature change it has. But gm thought it was needed.
Here are some better pics, but none on the car. I do have my cutlass in the shop. Radiator fan and shroud are out but the ps pump and lines are still hooked up. The two mounting clamps are spaced to match up with where the lower shroud bolts attach to the core support. If you were to attach the cooler pipe, it would be in the way of the shroud. The ps gear fitting location would also need to be adjusted, it sits to high. But do-able.
I got this cooler included with the gear from the upull yard. I would not spend money for this particular item. I feel one could be made with be shaping some steel or aluminum fuel line and it would work just as well.

Attachments

• 20201213_184947.jpg
    20201213_184947.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 20201213_184956.jpg
    20201213_184956.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Wish i could. I know they came on, at least, camaros with 16" wheels. They are plug and play on camaros. Most up here are rusted to the point where they aren't worth rescuing. But, yes they are bolted to and run under the radiator core support in a giant loop. They are used on the return side. One end has an o-ring style ps line fitting and connect to the steering gthe other has a bulge for return line to slip on and held with a crimp band or worm drive clamp. I have not had a chance to try mounting it on the car. Maybe later today. I don't know how much of a temperature change it has. But gm thought it was needed.

I test fit one to my Monte years ago. It is pretty pointless in 2020 when any other designed cooler would be better.

Pretty sure I tossed it earlier this year.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Broke the bank today...bought a stage II 2004r from Extreme Automatics for my 84' Hurst. Don't want to mess around having one built locally. Want to do it once with no problems.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Broke the bank today...bought a stage II 2004r from Extreme Automatics for my 84' Hurst. Don't want to mess around having one built locally. Want to do it once with no problems.
Lonnie's a good guy to work with,he stands behind it.

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Was browsing Goodwill and what do you know, car parts? Got a practically brand new wiper switch along with some other random switches and sensors that I won’t use. For $4.50 the switch alone was worth it.
7AFFDEBF-AAA2-4366-B00A-D500AA4C443A.jpeg

AAFF5A36-01A8-4601-8EB9-0EDC34AAEE1D.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Didn’t buy them they were gifted to me by one of the guy from the track who no longer races he has a shed full of part I can help myself too
Still has the 1973 Vega he bought new in 73
Most of the parts are V8 Vega
The intakes are old edelbrock One has no part number the other is a 5001

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor