G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
MPVI3

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
3" 3 bolt exhaust flanges, who knew they were so hard to get these days......

Then got an air cleaner stud and nut since I am tired of trying to thread a bolt in from the top

Reactions: 1 users

old80cs

Master Mechanic
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Picked up a cut to size 8mm ignition wire set (135degree) and vertical stacked looms from Taylor cable. Went with black on both, going for a simple clean look under the hood. Using the stock GM HEI distributor so these will be plenty up to the task.

E6431219-4DC1-4B46-80BB-6FEF3A8C1DB4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

old80cs

Master Mechanic
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Scarborough:
did you replace it yourself are a glass shop. trying to find a company to take my cutlass to get a cracked windshield replaced

I had a local glass place come bye and install it. Luckily my friend knows the owner and got me a great price.

old80cs

Master Mechanic
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
The new build to suite 2.5” stainless steel exhaust pipes showed up, decided to build my own system this time around. There are 4 long pipes, left the other two in the shipping carton. Going with the Pypes Turbo Pro welded stainless mufflers, will be ordering them in the near future. They are pretty quiet and no drone at speed which is what I want.
E8BB77DB-9103-4A60-8FD1-3090E3F8907A.jpeg

Last edited:

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I went to the junkyard to get a knock sensor and harness, valve cover gaskets, 2 water pump bolts and an m90 for a friend. As im walking thru I notice a heavy duty gmc yukon. I Peak around the corner my suspicion was correct. L29 454/4l80 thats been in the yard since 9-28 , begging me to take her home. I mean begging. The front clip was gone. Exhaust cut. Driveshafts, transfer case and crossmember were gone. Basically just pull 2 motor mount bolts and go. For 400 bucks I probably can't lose so I'm going back to get it Tommorow after work. The ? Is should i abandon the ls swap and slam the big block in.

The real gem came in the car aisle. It's a Bonneville dash, so it has the clock and dummy lights.
20221009_222842.jpg
20221009_222828.jpg

No cracks in the dash. The bezel is broke down low tho. Tbh I've never really liked the look of that dash in a monte. Dont know why. But it was so nice I couldn't leave it behind. Also got the front fender braces. And a locking gas cap( that I just realized as I'm typing this. I dont have a key for)

Reactions: 1 users

abbey castro

G-Body Guru
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Everybody is putting LS's in everything to include Stangs! Yesterday's car show had an AMC Javelin with an LS with the Chevy Big Block adapted Valve Covers painted Chevy Orange, go figure!
Big Block It!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor