Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Reactions: 1 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Okay so I am going to put this type of reply here in this forum thread. Awhile back I had a guy contact me about buying the Carburetor and Distributer off the 229 v6, apparently he is either no longer on the forums, kicked off, or PM was too old. In any case I can't find the Conversation we had. the 23rd of this month is when the swap to the 305 from an 84' K10 Blazer is going to happen or suppose too "Fingers Crossed🤞" on said day. So if anyone wants to buy certain parts from the 229 v6 lemme know so I can let the shop know. Start a personal conversation if interested.

Reactions: 1 user

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Bought these lug nuts for my Grand Prix. Every set of lug nuts I've bought have rusted after a year or two. This is the first time I bought Mcgard. They're guaranteed not to rust. I hope they are right.

Attachments

• IMG_20220521_213121.jpg
    IMG_20220521_213121.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: 3 users

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Bought a back pressure sensor kit to start gathering more data 🤩

Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Bought these lug nuts for my Grand Prix. Every set of lug nuts I've bought have rusted after a year or two. This is the first time I bought Mcgard. They're guaranteed not to rust. I hope they are right.
Save your receipt. McGard has made and still makes them for GM as far as the GM Accessories locks, anyway. Bought them for my 2020 GMC truck and guess what? Within 2 years there's some rust accumulating inside the lock pattern grooves. :( I hope you have better luck.

• Sad

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Scored these for $50 this week. Like new, just dirty.
F6CB2442-93E2-4E73-B0EA-488FB2038CEA.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
The Reverse Lockout kit for parking my 4-spd finally put in an appearence. Ordered it from OPG but since it was a non Monte part that I had requested , I got the "Why for ...................." interrogatory about it. For the 85, to get the key out of the ignition the transmission has to be in park and that rod in the steering mast has to move back so that key can come out. For the 4 speed, things are a little bit different. I can remember my neighbour going nuts trying to figure out how to get the key out of the ignition in his 70 GTO. Turned out that the transmission had to be put in reverse as there was a second rod called a back rod attached to the reverse lever on the Muncie that was attached to some kind of bell crank mechanism that moved another rod that actuated the key release mechanism. A lot of Rube Goldberg thinking to get your head around.

It is perfectly possible that the reverse lock out kit is not necessary, but, better to have it and not need it than to learn that it necessary and not be able to lay hands on it.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The Reverse Lockout kit for parking my 4-spd finally put in an appearence. Ordered it from OPG but since it was a non Monte part that I had requested , I got the "Why for ...................." interrogatory about it. For the 85, to get the key out of the ignition the transmission has to be in park and that rod in the steering mast has to move back so that key can come out. For the 4 speed, things are a little bit different. I can remember my neighbour going nuts trying to figure out how to get the key out of the ignition in his 70 GTO. Turned out that the transmission had to be put in reverse as there was a second rod called a back rod attached to the reverse lever on the Muncie that was attached to some kind of bell crank mechanism that moved another rod that actuated the key release mechanism. A lot of Rube Goldberg thinking to get your head around.

It is perfectly possible that the reverse lock out kit is not necessary, but, better to have it and not need it than to learn that it necessary and not be able to lay hands on it.

Nick
The '78-'81 stick cars never had the reverse lock set up, the '69-'72 yes, '73-'77 not 100%. Only lock out feature was the lock lever that need to be pushed down to allow the ignition key to turn from RUN to LOCK. Back up switchwas in the Saginaw's side cover for both 3 & 4 speeds with the T50's in the case near the internal reverse linkage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor